Lyman T-Mag Turret Press Reviews: Should You Buy It?
The Lyman Reloading Press T-Mag Turret Press is considered to be one of the best gun accessories manufacturers on the market today. Owning one of these reloading press equipment means that you are saving a lot of money since it will cost you less to produce a single loaded bullet than buying a factory manufactured one.
This equipment is a good choice for a seasoned reloader as well as a novice. In addition, its production capacity is between that of a single stage press and a progressive press. This means that this particular reloading press will give you a good amount of ammo using a very friendly budget. The following is one of the most in-depth Lyman t-mag turret press reviews online.
Features of the Lyman T-Mag Turret Press
# Six Station Turret Head: This piece of equipment comes with six stations on its turret head that has the capacity to hold different stages of a die to work on your ammo. This multiple die holder enables the equipment to work on your brass from the sizing to the crimping stage all this in one place. The die holder also helps make your work easier because there is no need to make any adjustments or replacement while working on a particular caliber. This is because you can have everything fixed when working on one particular caliber.
In addition, you might need only 4 stations in some cases. The extra 2 stations can be used for a different purpose, for instance, working on a different caliber -Ambidextrous
# Handle: This piece of equipment is also easy to operate. It comes with a handle that can be installed either on the left or right side of the machine. This means the machine can also be used comfortably by people who are left-handed. In addition, this piece of equipment has been designed as a flat machine, implying that the machine can be easily mounted on any flat surface, including wood or metal and still maintain its sturdy design and feel.
# Multipurpose Turret Handle: The equipment’s turret handle also serves as a tool when it comes to removing the turret head. In addition, some reloaders prefer to buy an extra turret head in order to make sure that every caliber they work on has its own particular pre-set of dies in one particular turret head. This serves to make the reloading process easier because no adjustments are required every time the calibers are changed.
In addition, no other tools apart from the turret handle are required to disconnect the turret head, thus making the process quite easy.
# Hi-Tech Design: As opposed to other types of reloading presses, the Lyman T-Mag Turret Reloading Press is made using high-tech iron frame material that is also covered with silver hammer tone powder in order to make it more durable. The machine also comes with a spent primer box in order to ensure that everything is in place by the time you are through with reloading. This machine, which has rust free finish, is designed to reload both pistol and rifle cases.
PROS and CONS of Lyman T-Mag Turret Press
- The machine has a sturdy design: This is because it is made using high –tech iron material and is also designed as a flat machine. This means that it can remain stable even when mounted on different types of flat surfaces.
- Durability: The machine has a rust-proof finish which means that it is very durable.
- Easy to operate: The machine can be easily operated by both novices as well as seasoned reloaders. It can be used by left-handed people. This is because its Ambidextrous Handle can be fitted on either the left or right side of the machine.
- Six Station Turret Head: This feature helps safe a lot of time since the process of making a particular caliber can be finished in one go.
- Multipurpose Turret Handle: The turret handle is multipurpose and can also be used as a wrench especially when it comes to removing the turret head. It actually helps make work easier since no other equipment is required to remove the turret head.
- It works on both pistol and rifle cartridges.
- It works on all standard size dies.
- The machine does not come with dies you have to be bought separately.
- Priming is manual.
- Primer tray The primer tray is plastic, meaning that it is very durable.
Most customers who have reviewed this machine have given the machine a rating of more than 4.5 out of 5.
Here below are some of the customer reviews on this machine:
One very satisfied said that the press is just awesome. The ram lines perfectly with each station on the turret. In addition, the press arm provides a lot of leverage. He went on to say that the turret is very tight and has minimal movement when stressed during case resizing.
Another user said that the case preparing tools work very well and they are more than adequate for the job they were meant to do.
Generally, most of the people who have bought this product are very happy with the results. The general feeling is that the machine is very solid, mostly metal device that is really great. For many of the users, it turned out the best reloads most users could have ever wanted.
This is an ideal mid-priced equipment that can help you make your own gun accessories at home in a very economic manner. It will give you value for money if you decide to buy.